Pentax K-1 Replacement - October 8th, 2016

10:55 PM

Well, after about a month, the Pentax K-1 is finally back in my hands from B&H.  It just happened that today was my friend's grandma's 80th birthday surprise lunch party, so I took a couple of lenses and tested out this K-1.

Surprise!
This K-1 doesn't seem to be playing very well with my lenses and I had to adjust and mess with the micro adjust to get the pictures to come out better.  But, boy, when the focus is spot on, the pics look GREAT!




Unfortunately, the focusing system struggled quite mightily in the restaurant.  It wasn't THAT dark in there...but, like I said before, that's one of the things you should be aware of if you get a Pentax.  All of these pics are just off by a bit.  Enough to make the picture pretty much unacceptable if you were shooting for a client.





I really don't know how I feel about the K-1.  On the one hand, it's what we've all been waiting for - a Pentax full frame.  On the other hand, it has the usual Pentax weakness, AF, and then some (slow card write speeds, weird dial system, etc.).  Pentax did release a firmware update that gave some new interesting featues, such as electronic front curtain, but I don't know if I am convinced.

You Might Also Like

0 comments