Shooting a Birthday Party - July 23rd, 2016

5:40 PM

So I was invited (hired?) to take pictures for a triple birthday party (dad and two daughters). Their birthdays are all within a week or something.  Anyway, it took place at a park near their house and I was actually surprised by the turnout since only half of the invitees showed up!  There were a BUNCH of kids and a giant water slide thingy.  I took this opportunity to practice with my K-1 some more and only used the 31mm and 77mm.  I didn't even eat or drink anything!  Anyway, here are some of the better pics.

Cute Setup
She Lost THREE Teeth Recently!
One-legged
Those Big Eyes!
Joyful
Sunscreen Ritual
Bug Spray? More Sunscreen?
Little Birthday Girl
Photographer

So Zen
Other Birthday Girl
Balloons in Tow
One, Two,...Twenty, Here I Come

Luckily Dad Came Before He Fell
Who's Got Your Sunglasses?!
They even hired a face painter to entertain the kids.  They all came out really well!  =)

Popular
Patience
Young One Stays Still
Tiger-to-be
Selfie-Mirror?
Satisfied
Ecstatic
Here are some pictures of the adults. There were a bunch of young mothers and fathers (makes sense, considering the kids' ages).

Young Moms
Making an Entrance

Walking Away
Supervisors on Duty

Mingle
More Moms
And finally, some "action" shots I managed to capture. The K-1's autofocusing is still not very suited for this task.  I mainly prefocused on the side in order to get the slide pictures.

Side-view
Boss
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
Race Ya!
Whoa!
More Slip than Slide?
Throwing Up Some Flowers (I think?)

You Might Also Like

0 comments