New Toy! Pentax K-1 - June 29th, 2016

11:25 PM

I saw a returned/used Pentax K-1 and snagged it (since it's still out of stock everywhere, plus I saved a few hundred bucks).  It had taken at least 73XX pictures though, which was higher than I was expecting.  I only messed around with it and set up the menus, but I am just too excited about using the 3 amigos (FA Limited) with it!  I will get a chance this Saturday at the wedding.  =)

K-1 w/ an old Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 lens
There are some things I don't like about the camera already...I don't know if the new jog dial will be helpful (for me).  At the very least, they should've made the settings you're changing show up in the viewfinder...I have no idea if I turned on shake reduction, off, etc. unless I use the LCD (which I have off normally).  Not very happy about that.  The top LCD panel is TINY and doesn't actually show much information.  It does not light up automatically (or turn off automatically)...you have to toggle it on or off with a button.  There aren't too many functions you can customize with the FX buttons either, for some reason.  Finally, the card access speed seems to be quite slow.  I will post some better pictures later (I hope I can get some good ones!).  All pictures shot on raw and processed (not much, as usual) in Lightroom 6 except the very last pic.

31mm f1.8, 1/50, ISO 400
31mm f1.8, 1/500, ISO 1600

31mm f1.8, 1/400, ISO 1600
31mm f5.6, 1/60, ISO 5000
31mm f5.6, 1/25, ISO 1600
Ok, before I go, some things that I like so far - good build quality.  Shutter sound is pretty nice.  5-axis seems to work much better than the SR on the K5iis (all pics hand-held).  The articulating screen is actually pretty neat.  And focusing seems to be pretty spot on with two of my Limited lens.

31mm f8, 1/5, ISO800
31mm, f8, 1/4, ISO 800
77mm f1.8, 1/13, ISO 800 (shot as jpeg)

You Might Also Like

0 comments